Cecilia Valdés focuses on dully advising and guaranteeing our clients their full compliance with corporate obligations, assuring every transaction’s lawfulness through precise and flexible strategies. Cecilia has advised countless of our foreign clients on installing their operations in Mexico, leading the process on every aspect form beginning to end, ensuring swiftness and ease on your business ventures in Mexico. Her main practice is Corporate Law, assisting on cross border transactions, foreign investment strategies of compliance, maquila or manufacture services matters, mergers and acquisitions, partners’ and shareholders’ agreements, corporate restructures and compliance program on anticorruption and privacy practices. Additionally, Mrs. Valdes has vast experience on Intellectual Property matters, especially on protection of trademarks and patents nationwide and internationally, as well as the protection of key and confidential strategies of our clients.
Recent Relevant Matters
- Participated with a leading role in the process of the acquisition of a new division of an important world class company and market leader.
- Has represented trasnational companies on their corporate restructuring processes having as a result the resource optimization and profits exponential increase.
- Advises an innovative American company of the automotive industry with presence all around the globe on launching their operations in Mexico.
- Represents worldclass companies on industrial property matters and manages their trademarks registration base.
- Designed the strategy on Data Privacy Policies of a world leader Company of radio and television industry for its operations in Mexico.
Recognition and Memberships
- Coordinator of the Corporate Committee for the Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, Sección Chihuahua, A.C.
- Certificate granted by Mexico’s National Supreme Court of Justice for public exposition on Intellectual Property Law at the Juridical House of Studies (Casa de la Cultura Jurídica).
- Certificate granted by the University of Ciudad Juárez (UACJ) for participating as speaker at the Annual Law Conference in relation to Industrial Property Law.
- Law Degree, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey.
- Certificate on Corporate Compliance and Anti-corruption practice, Escuela Libre de Derecho.
- Certificate on Trademarks, Patents and Commercial Names, World Intellectual Property Organization.
- Course on International Law and American Jurisprudence, University of Berkeley in California.
- Certificate on Finance, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey.
- Spanish and English.