Cecilia Valdés focuses on advising and guaranteeing our clients their full compliance with corporate obligations, assuring every transaction’s lawfulness through simple and effective strategies. Cecilia advises foreign clients on installing their operations in Mexico, leading the process on every aspect related to corporate law and compliance from beginning to end.
Her main practice is corporate law, assisting on cross border transactions, foreign investment strategies, maquila or manufacture services matters, mergers and acquisitions, partners’ and shareholders’ agreements, corporate restructures and compliance programs on anticorruption and privacy.
Additionally, Cecilia has vast experience on Intellectual Property matters, especially on protection of trademarks and patents nationwide and internationally.
- Participated, with a leading role, in the acquisition process of a new division of an important world class company and market leader.
- Has represented trasnational companies on their corporate restructuring processes, which have resulted in important optimization of their resources and, as a consequence, increases in their profits.
- Advises an innovative American company of the automotive industry with presence all around the globe on launching their operations in Mexico.
- Represents worldclass companies on industrial property matters and manages their trademarks registration base.
- Designed the strategy on Data Privacy for a world leader company of the radio and television industry with operations in Mexico.
Recognition and Memberships
- Coordinator of the Corporate Committee for the Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, Sección Chihuahua.
- Certificate granted by Mexico’s National Supreme Court of Justice for public exposition on Intellectual Property Law at the House of Legal Culture (Casa de la Cultura Jurídica).
- Certificate granted by the University of Ciudad Juárez (UACJ) for participating as a speaker at the Annual Law Conference in relation to Industrial Property Law.
- Law Degree, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, ITESM.
- Certificate on Corporate Compliance and Anticorruption practices, Escuela Libre de Derecho.
- Certificate on Trademarks, Patents and Commercial Names, World Intellectual Property Organization.
- Course on International Law and American Jurisprudence, University of Berkeley in California.
- Certificate on Finance, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, ITESM.
- Masters in Law, Harvard University.
Spanish and English.