Luis Miguel Melgar Fong
Tax law and Amparo
+52 55 5242 0736
Luis M. Melgar Fong joined the firm in 2003. His practice focuses on Administrative law, Tax law and amparo.
- He advises and represents clients in litigation against federal and/or local tax authorities, customs authorities, administrative authorities, trade disputes derived from public tenders offers.
- Participant in telecommunications company´s trials with favorable results.
- Participant in proceedings of footwear importer being the only one in the Mexican market to obtain amparo and protection of the federal justice to be exempted from the payment of countervailing duties.
- Participant in proceedings of a company dedicated to importing parties to lock, being the only in the Mexican market to obtain amparo and protection of the federal justice to stay free from the payment of countervailing duties.
- Participant in proceedings of a “duty free” company who left several resolutions of the Ministry of Finance without effects through which revoked their authorizations to operate as duty free.
- Law Degree, Universidad Franco Mexicana.
Spanish and English.