Daniel Magaña-Alba joined the ﬁrm in 2010 and has been an associate since 2014 in the Corporate M&A practice area in which he has focused on commercial law, including corporate, mergers and acquisitions, antitrust and compliance.
Daniel is certiﬁed before the National Banking and Securities Commission to serve as external auditor or compliance officer in matters of prevention of money laundering and terrorism financing.
- Law Degree, Facultad de Derecho de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, UNAM.
- Advises multinational corporations in the acquisition of Mexican companies of different industries including flour, accommodation, waste treatment, chemical products and processing of metal products, representing either acquirors or sellers.
- Advised a multinational IT corporation before the Federal Antitrust Commission in connection with the global acquisition of another IT multinational company.
- Participated in external audits in connection with anti-money laundering compliance.
- Advises clients on a large range of corporate matters including corporate governance, corporate compliance matters, day-to-day commercial operations and different business-related projects and transactions for several industries, such as metal molding and processing, food industry, medical devices, transports and port container terminals.
RECOGNITION AND MEMBERSHIPS
- On November 25, 2016, Daniel obtained the Certiﬁcation of the National Banking and Securities Commission referred by the General Provisions for the Certiﬁcation of Independent External Auditors, Compliance Officers and other professionals in matters of prevention of illegally sourced operations and terrorism ﬁnancing