Franco Herrera’s legal practice focuses on tax advice and litigation. He has been counsel to several foreign companies and investors that have set up their operations in Mexico.
His advice covers, in addition to the fiscal aspects, corporate structures, governmental incentives, environmental compliance, as well as paperwork and licenses before different governmental instances.
- Law Degree, Universidad Iberoamericana, León, Guanajuato.
- Master’s Degree in International Taxation Law, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, 2003.
- Specialty in Notarial Law by the University of Guanajuato.
- As former Undersecretary for Investment Promotion of the Ministry for Sustainable Economic Development of Guanajuato, he designed and implemented investment promotion policies for this state.
- Attracted 240 companies that represented more than 13 billion dollars of direct investment (particularly foreign) and 85 thousand jobs.
- Promoted 25 new industrial parks and was cocreator of the industrial parks policy outside the industrial corridor.
- Responsible for the project of the Toyota and Ford assemblers, and follow-up on commitments with other Tractor companies (Honda, Mazda, GM, Michelin, Pirelli, American Axle).
- Holder and delegate for various councils, public trusts and state-owned companies.