Olivia Cardoso-Fortoul focuses her practice in labor matters and business consulting. She has more than 20 years of experience providing preventive and strategic advice to transnational companies regarding human resources, drafting and negotiating collective and individual labor contracts, drafting regulations, preparing documents for special works, labor audits, inspections of the Ministry of Labor (STPS, for its acronym in Spanish) salary reviews, reports for auditors, reports for the C-Suite and elaboration – implementation of codes of conduct.
Regarding litigation, she deals with collective and individual lawsuits, reconciliations between employer and employees, coordination of collective and individual processes for termination of working relationships at the national level, and negotiation of suppression of collective agreements.
Olivia participates in the network of local correspondents in labor matters throughout Mexico and is in contact with the general secretaries of the most important trade union confederations nationwide.
She has been recommended as a labor lawyer by The Legal 500 Latin America 2015.
- Law Degree, Universidad del Valle de México, Campus Tlalpan, México D.F.
- Diploma in Labor Amparo, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (2013).
- Diploma in Labor Matters, Escuela Libre de Derecho (2011).
- Diploma in Senior Labor Management, Universidad del Valle de México, San Rafael Campus (2008).
- MBA, Universidad del Valle de México, Campus Tlalpan, Mexico D.F. (Qualification in process).
- She has worked and advised important national and international clients in the automotive, manufacturing, mining, financial, consumer, food, service, air and pharmaceutical industries.
- Manages the network of correspondents in labor matters nationwide, providing immediate reaction coverage and impact on reducing costs for the client.
- Expert mediator in labor disputes, proposing integral solutions tailored to each client to avoid labor liabilities.
RECOGNITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Recommended lawyer in labor matters by The Legal 500 Latin America 2015.