International Trade and Customs
Mexico has a wide network of free trade agreements, which grant reciprocal preferential access to over forty countries in the North American, European, Latin America, Israeli, and Japanese markets.
Our elite team of International Trade and Customs lawyers understand the need of our clients to receive prompt, simple and effective solutions, and have established the practice group at EC Legal Rubio Villegas as Mexico’s premier international trade specialist. We make complexity of trade and customs law look simple.
Our lawyers have substantial expertise in antidumping, countervailing duty, and safeguard investigations. Also, our attorneys specialize in NAFTA law, including chapter 19 panel reviews, origin determinations, and advanced rulings.
The lawyers of the International Trade and Customs practice group also advises clients on customs-related investigations, litigation, and/or proceedings conducted by Mexican authorities. Our attorneys have represented clients on matters related to IMMEX (maquiladora) and Prosec programs, free trade zones, private rulings, certificates of origin, customs audits, and origin audits.
In addition, EC Legal Rubio Villegas has substantial experience advising clients on how to reduce or eliminate market access barriers for goods and services under existing international trade agreements to which Mexico is a party.
Our legal services include:
- Legal advice on Free Trade Agreements (Mexico has one of the largest networks).
- Verifications of origin under FTA’s.
- IMMEX (maquiladora) and Prosec programs.
- Free Trade Zones.
- Private rulings for valuation, classification of goods and VAT.
- Preventive audits with respect to international trade and customs compliance.
- Customs and trade authorizations and certifications.
- Origin audits.
- Customs litigation.
- Antidumping, countervailing and safeguard investigations.