Criminal, Civil and Commercial Litigation
We know litigation inside and out. We handle complex cases in state and federal courts throughout the nation and before administrative agencies and international arbitration panels. The Criminal, Civil and Commercial litigation practice group at EC Legal-Rubio Villegas is staffed by litigators with a solid record of high-stakes, high-profile victories, years of experience and substantive knowledge. At EC Legal–Rubio Villegas, we recognize the importance of collaborating and working closely with clients in each phase of litigation. Our litigants also collaborate with clients and other areas of the firm in assessing risk and developing strategies to avoid and mitigate the burden or likelihood of litigation whenever possible.
The Attorneys of the Criminal, Civil and Commercial litigation practice group have vast experience in all types of criminal, business and civil disputes, including contract claims, joint venture and corporate law disputes, high profile estate planning disputes, bankruptcy litigation, real estate litigation, construction claims, insurance coverage claims and criminal litigation. The Firm has the flexibility to provide clients with the highest quality representation on a creative, cost-efficient basis. In litigation we represent our clients with transparency, loyalty and professional ethics, and provide clients with a constant and timely report that allows them to know the procedural status of the trial. In recent years, we have successfully represented leading companies in industries such as telecommunications, manufacturing, construction, financial services, mining, restaurants, pharmaceuticals, and consumer products.
- Advice, consultation and litigation in: Federal and State oral trials.
- Advice, consultation and litigation in: Federal and State Pre-trial investigations.
- Preparation and presentation of writs pressing charges.
- Advice, consultation and litigation related to: civil controversies derived from leases, bailments, loans, donations, purchases mortgages, usufruct, real estate and other trades, pledges, etc.
- Advice pertaining to premature termination of contracts.
- Real estate procedures to obtain ownership through adverse possession, to recover possession of same, or to define the metes and bounds of land.
- The negotiation and preparation of contracts and litigation related to their termination, annulment, rescission and specific performance.
- Civil tort litigation.
Commercial and Business Litigation:
- Review of loan contract documents, granted by the Client in its business operations.
- Commercial litigation to recover delinquent loans.
- Delinquent loan collections.
- Advice, consultation and litigation in defense of the interests of the company.
- Drafting of comercial contracts.
- Legal procedures to back-up uncollectibles.
- Back-up to negotiate the collection of delinquent loans.
- Advice, consultation and litigation in: oral litigation and probate and intestate procedures, contentious, voluntary and administrative divorce procedures, paternal authority, child support, alimony, paternity, custody of minor children, change of property regimen, correction of vital statistics records, etc.
- Preparation and presentation of Writs of Amparo (habeas corpus, certiorari), against acts of authority in violation of our clients’ Human rights, in addition to the Constitutional Guarantees contained in the Bill of Rights.