At EC Legal-Rubio Villegas, we understand the importance of maximizing the value of real estate investment in your company. Our Firm assists clients in selecting and acquiring land for location or relocation of all types of projects, including plants, manufacturing facilities, retail properties, office complexes, sports facilities, resort properties and headquarter buildings. We handle all aspects of an acquisition, including title search and due diligence in general, negotiation of construction and permanent financing arrangements, acquisition agreements, building and architectural agreements, leases and management agreements and resolution of title deficiencies and analysis of zoning, planning and land-use, real property tax and property recording issues.
The foundation of our real estate practice team, rests on the broad experience of our specialized lawyers. With capabilities in finance, distressed assets/workouts, development, acquisition, disposition and leasing matters, as well as in a broad range of industries, we offer a full range of legal services to help clients meet their real estate objectives. Consistent with the multi-layered nature of our clients’ transactions, our real estate practice team frequently calls upon, and works seamlessly with our colleagues in other disciplines such as tax, notarial, civil and commercial litigation, corporate and environmental specialists, to achieve results in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
We understand development, financing and construction of energy projects, as well as acquisitions and dispositions. We have developed profound and knowledgeable relations with some of the key governmental offices associated with project development.
- Landlord and tenant retail, office and industrial leasing, including “anchor-tenant” “big box” leasing; sale-lease back, leasing and ground leasing.
- Brownfield and greenfield development, environmental contamination and remediation, water conservation and other environmental issues.
- Due diligence and title insurance efforts.
- Land use issues, including operating and restrictive covenants, easements, and zoning.
- Structuring of investment and development vehicles.
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting development, construction and financing transactions.
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting the formation of real estate investment vehicles such as joint ventures, partnerships, limited liability companies and real estate investment trusts.
- Governmental incentives, including real estate tax abatement programs, grants, tax credits.
- Analysis of project documents, concessions, bidding materials and other project documents.
- Development of project risk matrixes.
- Negotiation of transaction documents.
- Permits, licenses and authorizations.
- Consortium agreement negotiation and structuring.
- Administrative procedures with incumbent governmental entities (utility companies, Municipal, State or Federal entities).