EC Legal has a strong legal practice in the international transportation industry, it has represented several American companies that have set up international freight service operation in Mexico and the US under the umbrella of the North American Free Trade Agreement (“NAFTA”).
In some cases, US companies have structured and implemented joint venture and/or partnership agreements with Mexican transportation companies that allowed them to have an indirect participation in the Mexican market. However, most of those structures are not in compliance of Mexican law and are not approved by the Mexican DOT, hence, representing putting at risk their operations and investment.
Within our primary services in the transportation industry are:
- Obtain permits and authorizations to render international cross-border freight services.
- Vehicle and Driver Registrations.
- Draft and file Operations Reports.
- Assistance in complying with emissions obligations and inspection.
- Assistance in customs and foreign trade matters related to the import of vehicles and trailers.
- Assistance in case of accidents in federal, state or local highways.
- Commercial Contract negotiations.