Cristina Fernández rejoined the ﬁrm in 2021 as an Associate after participating as a Legal Analyst in the evaluation of the Criminal Justice System in Mexico for the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
At EC Rubio her practice focuses on Corporate Law, handling matters that include corporate governance issues, as well as the negotiation and drafting of all types of commercial contracts. It also includes restructuring companies’ operations in accordance with the recent law reforms that regulate outsourcing in Mexico.
With more than four years of experience, her practice includes environmental, real estate and immigration procedures to comply with federal and local regulations, essential to conduct business operations in Mexico. She has also assisted in due diligence procedures for acquisitions in Mexico and in corporate compliance.
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez (Graduated with outstanding performance Award).
- Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce, International Exchange in India.
RECOGNITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Testimonial of Outstanding Performance in her graduation degree exam.
- Regional Championship of the 5th National Moot Trial Competition in Criminal Law of the American Bar Association (ABA-ROLI), for which was awarded with a 100% scholarship for a master’s degree in the California Western School of Law of San Diego.
- Championship of the 1st and 2nd Moot Trial Competition of the Autonomous University of Ciudad Juárez. Received awards as best witness examination, cross-examination, and allegation.
- Award to the Outstanding Student 2017, for achieving excellent grades and undertake extracurricular activities and social work for the community.