Damaris Toriz has more than 5 years of experience representing foreign investment in Mexico that require legal guidance and counseling in matters related with setting up a business in Mexico, from determining that is the ideal vehicle for their commercial purpose, incorporate legal entities, file for and obtain permits, licenses and registrations that allow them to carry their commercial activities, all the way to winding down their operations in Mexico and dissolving and liquidating their legal entities. Additionally, Damaris has assisted clients in multijurisdictional M&A deals in the industrial sector, representing companies in the due diligence and drafting of transactional documentation to secure the client’s investment.
As part of Damaris’ additional vast experience obtained through the years, she has assisted clients with Real Estate matters that involve industrial or commercial, or represented clients that have investment in the hospitality and tourist industries, as well as residential transactions.
Damaris has also acquired experience in assisting clients in drafting and negotiating civil and commercial contracts, including but not limited to, shareholders agreements, professional service agreement, supply agreement, distribution agreement, outsourcing agreements, manufacturing and technical assistance agreements and gratuitous bailment agreements.
Likewise, Damaris represents clients and Ex-Pats in immigrations matters, assisting them to obtain the applicable immigration permits from the Mexican Immigration Institute and record companies as employers before the former.
Additional practices focus on Immigration law, providing clients with assistance and guidance specially to obtain all types of work and tourist visas.
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez.
- Paralegal Certificate, The University of Texas at El Paso.
- Represented a foreign client in the investment of approximately $1,000,000.00 dollars to acquire a residential real property through the incorporation of a Mexican Trust.
- Represented a foreign investor in the acquisition of a manufacturing subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company in the textile industry in Mexico, valued in more than $7,500,000.00 dollars.
- Represented one of the largest malting companies to acquire real property and set up an industrial facility work valued in more than $200,000,000.00 dollars.
- Represented a company to settle a tax debt of approximately $2,000,000.00 dollars and take all legal actions required to dissolve and liquidate the company.
RECOGNITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified Attorney and Member of the Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa (ANADE), Colegio de Abogados (National Association of Corporate Counsel).