Energy practice group renders specialized legal services for the development, structure and finance of oil & gas, energy and infrastructure projects throughout Mexico, providing our clients in the energy sector with integrated advice that is both pragmatic and forward thinking. We represent domestic and international energy industry clients in a wide array of transactions, including financial institutions, developers, sponsors, insurance companies, contractors, investors, developers, operators and suppliers. Our deep understanding of the industrial activity in Mexico over the past half century allows the amalgamation of the skills and expertise of our professionals in all areas of law, to align with the strategy of our clients and provide commercially sound advice that, at the same time, provides legal solutions compliant of the highest standards.
Oil & Gas
- Upstream, mainstream downstream oil and gas transactions.
- Onshore and offshore oil and gas exploration and production.
- LNG terminals.
- Acquisition of Drilling rigs, platforms and related equipment.
- Near shore offshore deep drill.
- Land acquisitions.
- Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution Structures.
- Power Purchase Agreements.
- Wind farms.
- Solar projects.
- Securing of permits and authorizations for projects.
- Regulatory and contractual compliance audits.
- Negotiation of governmental incentives and other types of governmental contracts.
- Bid Participation.
- Bid challenges.
- Contract structuring.
- Water and other natural resources.
- Environmental assessments and compliance.
- Carbon Credit Certificates.
- Preparation and formalization of all types of financing structures for energy-related projects, from traditional debt facilities to complex asset based financing vehicles involving production payments, income hedging mechanisms and quasi-equity investments.
- Development and assessment of risk allocation matrix tools.
Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Formation of joint ventures, Mexican entities, infrastructure investment trusts and other equity and quasi-equity investment mechanisms.
- Mergers, acquisitions and investments in existing energy entities.
- Formation of consortiums and other strategic alliances for participation projects.
- Acquisition and disposition of project assets and business participations.
- Antitrust guidance.
- Tax planning.
- Securing of tax credits.