Daniela Flores is a member of the corporate team of the ﬁrm with more than a decade of experience, providing comprehensive legal services covering all aspects of corporate law to domestic and international companies, including foreign investment, corporate governance and compliance. She focuses her practice in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and corporate restructures, assisting as Mexican counsel in complex cross-border and multi-jurisdictional transactions. Her practice also includes legal advice on diverse commercial and real estate transactions.
Daniela regularly provides pro bono legal advice in favor of several non-proﬁt organizations in Ciudad Juárez. She leads the Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the ﬁrm, promoting diverse projects on ethics, employee wellbeing, environmental protection, and community participation. She has taken mediation training in the State of Texas and serves as a pro bono mediator in the El Paso County Dispute Resolution Center in El Paso, Texas.
Daniela currently serves as the President of the 2019-2020 Board of Directors of the Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, Seccion Chihuahua, A.C. (National Association of Business Lawyers, Chihuahua Chapter).
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua, with honors.
- Master of Laws, New York University School of Law (2014).
- Diploma of Comparative Law, First Cycle, Faculté Internationale de Droit Comparé (2010).
- Public International Law and Private International Law, The Hague Academy of International Law (2011).
- 49th Academy of American and International Law, Southwestern Institute for International and Comparative Law (2012).
- International Law Course, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (2013).
- International Commercial Arbitration Course, Columbia Law School – Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (2015).
- Diploma in Energy, Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez (2015).
- Compliance, Anti-Corruption and Anti-Money Laundering Program, Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, Colegio de Abogados, A.C. (2018).
- As part of the firm´s corporate team, assisted on the sale of a broadband-networks business. This was a $3 billion US dollar project comprising more than 50 jurisdictions. Mexico was one of the most important countries involved, including corporate, customs, regulatory, labor, real estate, and contract matters.
- Assisted to address all Mexican law aspects of an acquisition of an information management business, to implement the legal structure required to reach operational separation and the acquisition of such unit, addressing all issues of corporate, real estate, employment, and contracts law, being an $8 billion U.S. dollars transaction overall.
- Worked to assist in a $71 million US dollars acquisition of an automotive ignition wire business in the United States and Mexico, to design and implement the legal structure required to sell manufacturing operations located in Mexico.
- Assisted an operations-focused private equity firm to acquire facilities of a machinery supplier. The platform company acquired substantially all the business, operations and assets in the U.S., I as well as the stock of its subsidiary in Mexico. As part of the firm’s team, worked to design a plan to acquire and integrate operations into the company’s international supply framework, optimizing its tax, customs, labor, and contract structure.
- Worked to assist in the sale of a Valves & Controls business, as part of the firm’s M&A team addressing all the Mexican law implications of transferring the Mexican operations involved in this transaction. This included the preclosing disentanglement of Seller’s Mexican operations and all corporate, regulatory, labor, and contract matters needed to implement the Mexico portion of this transaction. This was a $3.15 billion US Dollar acquisition.
- Acted as co-counsel for Mexican issues to assist a global safety science leader to acquire a leading energy engineering services and advisory firm. Collaborated to identify and address all the tasks required under Mexican law to purchase and take control of the local operations, as part of the team responsible for all aspects of this transaction in Mexico, including due diligence, corporate, labor, real estate and contract matters.
RECOGNITION AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Fulbright-García Robles scholar.
- President of the 2019-2020 Board of Directors of the Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, Seccion Chihuahua, A.C. (National Association of Business Lawyers, Chihuahua Chapter).
- Secretary of the 2017-2018 Board of Directors of the Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, Seccion Chihuahua, A.C. (National Association of Business Lawyers, Chihuahua Chapter).
- Member of the Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, Seccion Chihuahua, A.C. (National Association of Business Lawyers) since 2008.
- Member of the American Bar Association (Business Law Section).
- Member of Abogadas MX.