Guaranteeing the protection of investment in trademarks, patents, and other intellectual property rights and regulating their authorized use by third parties is of great importance for companies doing business in Mexico and is an area in which EC Rubio is highly specialized. For companies it is of vital importance to comply with intellectual property laws and regulations, which allows them to obtain the protection of local government agencies and the appropriate documentation that guarantees their rights and evidences their recognition by the competent authorities.
EC Rubio has experience in protecting intellectual property rights through litigation and other procedures. We work closely with groups in the business, administrative, and commercial litigation practices to assist our clients in all phases of intellectual property protection.
In addition, we are experts in software and technology development and licensing agreements, domain name registration, Internet and technology-related matters, including intellectual property audits, strategic alliances, website agreements, and other service contracts.
- Registration at the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property, which provides an exhaustive investigation in process and trademarks and patents.
- Drafting, negotiation, registration, and enforcement of license agreements and/or partnerships involving trademarks, copyrights and patents.
- Legal advice to acquire, sell, transfer, assign or commercialize the intellectual property assets of a company.
- Precise analysis of the successful registration of trademarks and patents.
- Design of strategies to increase the probabilities of a successful registration.
- Advice and recommendations to ensure the validity of registrations and certificates of intellectual property.
- Renewal of trademark registrations.
- Establishment of alternative means to protect intellectual property that is not protectable through the registration of trademarks or patents.
- Litigation and arbitration of trademarks.
- Administrative procedures to guarantee compliance and request the sanction of unauthorized use of intellectual property, when necessary.