The Labor and Social Security practice of EC Legal Rubio Villegas understands the entire business of the clients it advises. From the outset we are committed to advising and advocating for our clients at every step of the way in any labor matter. We have experience in all phases of the employer-employee relationship. Our labor services focus on preventing litigation, economic contingencies, and consequences that may affect your work environment, expose your assets, or put productivity and stability at risk. We measure and correct labor risks through audits and permanent advisory programs to solve daily problems.
We also advise our clients in the drafting and negotiation of individual and collective labor contracts; we prepare and apply alternative/flexible compensation schemes, as well as the implementation of tactical measures on all types of labor contract terminations, including the preparation and execution of termination notices, among others.
Although we take a preventive approach, in many cases litigation is inevitable. Therefore, in order to help our clients as best as we can, we have created a strong team specialized in litigation. This gives us a unique perspective on solutions for employers facing litigation, either individually or with unions, including due to breach of contract and non-compete agreements, wrongful termination and any other claim or lawsuit anywhere in Mexico. In addition, we offer solutions, advice, and litigation on social security and workers’ housing fund issues, among others.
- Labor aspects of the USMCA and its compliance.
- Human resources, benefits, compensation policies, manuals, and procedures.
- Codes of ethics and business conduct.
- Successful hiring and recruiting practices.
- Expatriates / impatriates.
- Employment, consulting and indemnity contracts that comply with Mexican federal labor laws.
- Non-competition and confidentiality agreements to protect our clients’ intellectual property and other valuable assets. Implementation of equal employment opportunity and diversity programs, practices, and policies.
- Management of employee performance, discipline, and dismissal cases.
- Workforce reductions, layoffs, and site closures.
- Prevention and correction of harassment and discrimination to ensure a respectful work environment and within the legal framework.
- Substance abuse testing.
- Investigations into employment issues, fraud, business ethics violations, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, security and other alleged violations of codes of conduct, harassment, workplace violence, and other policies.
- Procedures and training for the international complaints’ helpline protocol. Prevention of workplace violence and threats.
- Training of supervisors and employees on labor law, harassment prevention, diversity and company policies.
- Litigation and administrative actions.
- Communications with employees and unions.
- Employer substitution.