Javier Ogarrio has over 30 years of experience representing foreign companies investing in Mexico, as well as local clients in its business transactions and operations.
His primary practice is business transactions involving M&A, due diligence, real estate, government biding or direct contracting, manufacturing contracts, joint ventures, shareholders agreements, collateral agreements (such as pledges, mortgages), profesional service agreements, distributions agreements, sales representative agreement, mergers, spin-offs and corporate restructures.
He has also represented many clients in Real Estate matters, including acquisition of real estate properties, construction contracts, design build agreements, management and supervision of works. Javier also assists clients of the firm in the implementation and reviewing of anticorruption policies, including codes of conduct and corporate governance.
- Represented a Spanish Company in the acquisition of fifty percent of a Mexican Company, holder of radio concessions in Mexico, with a value of over USD $50,000,000.00, which involved due diligence, antitrust, foreign investment and corporate matters.
- Represented an international corporate Group with head offices in Germany in the acquisition of a Mexican auto parts manufacturing operation. Currently he assists the client in a joint venture transaction with a Japanese entity to set up an auto parts manufacturing facility in Mexico.
- Represented a Mexican Company engaged in the solar energy business in its sale to a US Company, leader in the solar energy sector, with a value over USD $10,000,000.00.
- Represents a company engaged in the ownership and operation of an online sports newspaper.
Recognitions and memberships
- International Bar Association and the Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresas.
- Former board member of the US-Mexico Bar Association.
- Represented the ONG “Convivencia sin Violencia” before the Citizens Observatory of Security and Justice (Observatorio Ciudadano de Seguridad y Justicia).
- Law Degree, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, UNAM.
- Postgraduate courses, Boalt Hall School of Law, Berkeley University of California.
Spanish and English.