Dear Clients and Friends,
The decree establishing a strategy for the reopening of social, educational and economic activities, as well as a system of traffic lights by region to evaluate weekly the epidemiological risk related to the reopening of activities in each state, as well as the establishment of certain extraordinary actions, was published today in the Official Gazette of the Federation.
Its main items are:
- A reopening of activities will be carried out in a gradual way, considering the following stages:
i) Stage 1.- Starting on May 18, 2020, with the reopening of activities in municipalities that have no COVID-19 cases and that their neighbor municipalities do not have COVID-19, either;
ii) Stage 2.– From May 18 to 31, 2020, consists of carrying out actions of general application aimed at preparing for the reopening of activities in general, such as: the drafting of health protocols for the safe resumption of activities, training of personnel for safety in the work environment, readjustment of spaces and production processes, as well as the implementation of entry filters, sanitation and hygiene of the work space, among others determined by the Ministry of Health, and
iii) Stage 3.- Begins on June 1st, 2020, in accordance with the “traffic light” system by region for the reopening of social, educational and economic activities.
- The aforementioned traffic light system (see below), uses colors to establish the appropriate health safety measures for work and educational activities and the use of public space, amongst other things.
- It is established as an extraordinary action that the activities of the construction industry, mining and the manufacture of transport equipment, will be considered as essential activities and may start working on June 1st, 2020.
- Therefore, from May 18 to May 31, 2020, those companies will implement the health safety guidelines in the workplace, which will be published by the Ministry of Health, in coordination with the Ministries of Economy and Labor and Social Security, as well as the Mexican Social Security Institute.
- Municipalities in which, as of May 18, 2020, there were no cases of COVID-19 and which, in addition, are not neighboring with municipalities with COVID-19 cases, may resume school activities, mobilization in public spaces, whether closed or open, as well as essential and non-essential work activities of their population.
- The Ministry of Health, no later than May 17, 2020, through a technical communication that will be published on the website www.salud.gob.mx, will declare which are the municipalities referred to in the previous paragraph. Likewise, the Ministry of Health, in coordination with the health authorities of the states, will establish specific prevention and control measures for these municipalities.
It is VERY important to point out that yesterday morning, a decree was published that contained provisions different from those contained in the present decree.
INCREDIBLY yesterday afternoon, the Government informed that the decree published in the morning had been a mistake and therefore was not valid.
TRAFFIC LIGHTS PER REGION
Activities allowed from June 1st