Alejandro Montes joined the ﬁrm in 2000. His practice focuses on corporate, transactional, international trade and infrastructure matters, as well as on anti-money laundering compliance. He advises and represents clients on investment, divestiture, joint venture, M&A transactions, government procurement and public and private tender offers.
Alejandro counsels clients on infrastructure and real estate investment projects. He represents clients on international trade matters, especially regarding trade agreements, rules of origin, tariff preferences, import – export programs and dispute settlement procedures.
- Law Degree, Universidad Panamericana.
- Advised a ﬁnancial system entity in its incorporation, start-up and its initial granting of credit facilities for 350 million dollars.
- Advised the world’s leading port investor in a joint venture transaction for an intermodal terminal and an industrial park.
- Advised the world’s leading port investor in the two – step acquisition of the only shipyard and marine equipment construction company in Mexico.
- Advised a port terminal operator in a turn-key project for the construction of the ﬁrst private built terminal container in Mexico.
- Counsel to a major automobile manufacturer in its entrance to the Mexican market.
- Participated in an international dispute settlement procedure regarding rules of origin for personal computers and preferential tariff treatment denial.
RECOGNITION AND MEMBERSHIPS
LAACA Approved 2019.