Eduardo Cervera joined the firm in 2020. With more than 27 years of experience, Eduardo’s practice includes consultancy and litigation in industrial and intellectual property matters. He represents national and transnational companies in matters related with the protection, expansion and valuation of their industrial and intellectual property rights in Mexico and abroad.
He is a specialist in industrial and intellectual property litigation (trademarks, patents and copyrights) and has focused his practice in the area of patents for the last 10 years. He has advised Mexican companies that have expanded both in Mexico and abroad in relation with the protection and patenting of their inventions.
He is also experienced in the negotiation of technology transfer agreements, license of use and exploitation of patents and trademarks, assigment of patent rights, trademarks and copyrights, negotiations of maquila contracts for products for the pharmaceutical industry, as well as in the daily operations of a business.
Prior to joining the firm, Eduardo was a founding partner of Bufete Cervera-Rojas where he headed the patent, Trademark and Copyright Department.
- Law Degree, Universidad Iberoamericana, campus CDMX.
- Senior Management Specialty Program, Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresa (IPADE).
- He has advised companies of industries such as oil & gas, pharmaceutical, veterinary, food, clothing, information technology and independent artists.
RECOGNITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- He has participated in several industrial and intellectual property forums, both as speaker and moderator.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- He is a member of several national and international industrial property associations, such as the Mexican Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (AMPPI), which is the Mexican group in charge of WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization); Centro de Estudios para la Difusión de la Propiedad Intelectual (CEDPI); Licensing Executive Society (LES Mexico); International Trademarks Association (INTA), American Bar Association (ABA), Inter Pacific Bar Association (IPBA), Ilustre y Nacional Colegio de Abogados de México, A.C. (INCAM), among others.