T. +52 (614) 180 1800
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Oscar Bensojo has more than 46 years of professional experience. He specializes in corporate and commercial transactions. His areas of expertise include: Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Contracts, Real Estate, Banking, Civil and Commercial Litigation and Amparo.
During the first 20 years of his professional activity, he dedicated himself exclusively to advising on civil, administrative and commercial litigation, an experience that has been fundamental in developing a business vision that takes into account not only the opportunities but also the risks that companies may face when doing business in Mexico.
Among the most important transactions in which Oscar has been involved are the following:
– Advisor to Industrial Groups in the construction, real estate, concrete and commercial sectors.
– He has been Secretary of the Boards of Directors of several business groups, including companies listed or participating in the Mexican Stock Exchange.
– Advisor in negotiation processes in different types of transactions, in the real estate, corporate, industrial and family sectors, among others.
– Participation in the design of public and private investment trusts.
– He has been an advisor in the structuring and enactment of laws and reforms in economic matters.
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua (UACH). (1971-1976)
- Master in Corporate Law, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Chihuahua. (1996-1999)
- Ph.D. Candidate, Universidad Complutense of Madrid. (2011)
GRUPO MASISA (FORESTAL TERRANOVA, S.A. DE C.V.)
Coordination of the legal team to advise on compliance matters, developing the legal requirements in force and applicable to the different management areas, and analyze the impact and risks that non-compliance would entail.
GRUPO CEMENTOS DE CHIHUAHUA S.A.B DE C.V.
Legal advisor in several negotiations as a private company and in the capital placement in the Mexican Stock Exchange (BMV), he was also Secretary of the Board of Directors for 17 years.
GRUPO GPA (COPACHISA, S.A. DE C.V. AND AFFILIATES)
Legal advisor who participated in the creation of several companies in the industrial construction sector, as well as in strategic alliances and the consolidation of the company as one of the industrial developers with greater national presence. He also served as Secretary of the Board of Directors for 23 years.
GRUPO CIMARRÓN (PRODUCTORA INTERNACIONAL DE BEBIDAS, S.A. DE C.V. AND AFFILIATES)
Legal advisor, assisting in the negotiation for the payment of bank loans, in the corporate development of companies, successfully coordinating the legal strategy for important tax matters.
RECOGNITION AND MEMBERSHIPS
Oscar was a Professor at the Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua, Facultad de Derecho (1978 – 2011) and at the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Chihuahua Campus, (1996 – 2009) where he taught subjects in the areas of Litigation, Civil and Commercial Law, and Corporate Law.
He is currently an active member of the following organizations: Barra Mexicana de Abogados, Colegio de Abogados, A.C., Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, A.C., Desarrollo Económico del Estado de Chihuahua, A.C.