Jaime O’Reilly has ample experience counseling domestic and foreign companies doing business in Mexico, helping them with a wide variety of issues, including foreign investment, mergers and acquisitions, major infrastructure projects, real estate acquisitions, and government procurement, among others.
He served as General Counsel of the second largest onshore oil drilling contractor for Pemex and has an extensive experience in Energy, Business and Corporate Law. He has represented clients in complex transactions involving the structuring and implementation of several projects and joint ventures related to oil & gas, electricity, and public bids called by Pemex, the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) and other Mexican government agencies. He was admitted to practice in Mexico in 2007.
- Bachelor of Law, Law School, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, ITESM. Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- Master of Laws, Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, IL. Graduated with honors (2012).
- Diploma in Iberoamerican Comparative Law, Universidad Pontificia de Comillas, Madrid, Spain.
- Diploma in Energy, Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez.
RECOGNITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the National Association of Business Lawyers (ANADE).
- Former Secretary of the Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity (Chihuahua).