T. +52 (55) 5242 0778
AREAS OF PRACTICE
International Trade and Customs, Regulatory and Finance
Spanish and english.Download PDF
Juan Carlos Partida joined the firm in 2002. He has been a partner since 2006. His practice focuses on international trade remedies and customs, regulatory issues and anti- money laundering with respect to money service businesses.
He is experienced in trade remedies investigations, customs law, USMCA, WTO and administrative law. Counsels domestic and foreign companies in antidumping investigations before the Mexican Ministry of Economy, and in dispute resolution panels before the World Trade Organization. He advises several companies in dispute settlement proceedings established pursuant to chapter 10 of the USMCA. He has also been selected as part of the list of Panelists by the Mexican government for USMCA dispute settlement proceedings.
Juan Carlos has been recognized as one of the key international trade lawyers in Mexico by Chambers Latin America, The Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal. Before joining the firm, he worked as a foreign associate in the international trade practice group at King & Spalding, LLP in Washington, D.C.
- Law Degree, Universidad de las Americas Puebla.
- Master´s in Laws, Georgetown University Law Center, 1999. Fulbright Scholar.
- Counsel to petitioners and respondents in trade remedy litigation cases.
- Counsel to companies in the agroindustry sector in dispute resolution panels before the World Trade
- Counsel to several companies in the agroindustry, manufacturing, financial, pharmaceutical and transportation industries in dispute settlement proceedings established pursuant to chapter 19 of the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- Counsel to several foreign companies in origin verification
- Counsel in regulatory and anti-money laundering issues of
RECOGNITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Chambers Latin America, “Leading Individual in International Trade/WTO,” 2015-
- The Legal 500, “Leading Lawyer in International Trade and Customs”, 2018 –
- Who’s Who Legal “Leading Lawyer in Trade & Customs”, 2015-2023.
- Best Lawyers, “Leading Lawyer in International Trade and Finance Law, Trade Law”, 2015- 2023.