Pablo Méndez joined the firm in October 2004 and became partner in March 2010. In 2007 he opened the Mining Area of the firm, and has been its Director since. In 2017 he was appointed Managing Director of the Chihuahua office.
From 2002 to 2004, he worked for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the Consulate of Mexico in Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.
His areas of expertise are civil, commercial and banking litigation, mining, international affairs, amparo and immigration.
- Law Degree with an “Honorable Mention”, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de
Monterrey, Campus Chihuahua.
- Courses on International and Immigration Law (2003-2004) at New Mexico University, Albuquerque, U.S.
- Masters Degree Programa D1, Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresas (IPADE), (2011-2012).
- He counseled the financing and sale of Aurico Gold Ocampo unit to Grupo Minero Frisco in USD $750,000,000.00 (seven hundred and fifty thousand million dollars).
- Counseled several mining financings.
- Counseled the sale of the project Santa Gertrudis of Gogold to Agnico Eagle Corp.
- Conducted the due diligence process needed for the acquisition of different mining companies.
- Counseled the merger of Aurico Gold Inc. and Alamos Gold Inc.
RECOGNITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Mexican Foreign Service (2002-2003).
- Secretary of the Economic Development Council of Chihuahua, A.C. (February 2010 to date).
- Secretary of the Mining Cluster Council of Chihuahua, A.C. (July 2014 to date).
- Member of the Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa (ANADE).