T. +52 (656) 227 6100 Ext. 155
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Business, Corporate M&A, Real Estate and Immigration
Spanish and english.Download PDF
René Alva has represented foreign investments in Mexico for more than a decade now, both international companies as well as individuals. His primary practice is business transactions involving M&A, due diligence, real estate, government bidding or direct contracting, maquila or manufacturing contracts, joint ventures, shareholder agreements, collateral agreements (such as pledges, mortgages), professional service agreements, distribution agreements, sales representation agreements, mergers, spin-offs and corporate restructures. Also assists his clients with cross border matters that hinder their assets or operations through the enforcement of legal actions that require the coordination of different practices and practitioners. René’s additional practices relate to immigration, product/consumer protection, construction, regulatory, antitrust and anti-corruption.
- Law Degree, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, ITESM Campus Chihuahua.
- Represented an international corporation in a government contract with a value of US$120,000,000 that involved civil, commercial and anti-corruption law.
- Represented an international client in the acquisition of real estate in Mexico with a value of MX$116,000,000 that required performing a due diligence and title search thereof, as well as obtaining several local, state and federal permits for zoning, construction, demolition and water.
- Assisted a US freight company in retrieving a specialized trailer flatbed with a value of US$500,000 that was being sequestered by a vendor in Mexico, enforcing criminal, civil and customs actions to take possession of his client’s property, and local, state and federal transit and highway laws to export it to the US.
- Assisted an International US company in the restructure of its Mexican operations by merging its Mexican subsidiaries and setting up a distribution center in the Bajio region.
RECOGNITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Co-Chair of the Mexico Committee for the American Bar Association – Section of International Law.
- Vice Chair of the International Energy and Natural Resources Committee of the American Bar Association – Section of International Law.
- Vice Chair of the Cross Border Real Estate Committee of the American Bar Association – Section
of International Law.
- Chair of the Mexican Corporate Counsel Association- Chihuahua Chapter (Asociación Nacional de
Abogados de Empresa-Sección Chihuahua).