Perla Arreola-Carbajal joined the ﬁrm in 2007. She focuses her practice in Labor Law from the employer standpoint, including litigation of individual and collective employment suits, matters of Administrative Labor Law, company executive’s employment agreements, employee beneﬁts, union relations and review of collective bargaining agreements.
Perla is also an expert in counseling employers, including advice on Mexican Labor Law and prevention of any labor conﬂicts. Furthermore, she represents domestic and foreign employers in Mexico before various national authorities in litigation and disputes arising from individual or collective labor relationships. She has a broad experience advising and counseling on general Labor Law matters as well as on social security.
- Law Degree, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, UNAM.
- Diploma in Information and Data Law in collaboration with Harvard University and Universidad
- Complutense of Madrid, Spain and Universidad Panamericana, UP.
- Diploma “New Information Technologies and their Impact on Employment and Professional Development of Women”, International Labor Center of the ILO. Turin, Italy. Study visits in Spain and France.
- Counseled several foreign companies on recruitment processes of national and foreign
personnel for President, Director, General Managers and other key job positions.
- Advised foreign corporations to establish subsidiaries and new companies in Mexico.
- Advised foreign companies with subsidiaries or representation in Mexico to prevent and/or solve labor conflicts avoiding labor suits.
- Leads due diligence procedures regarding labor matters for outstanding companies in the sector ofInsurance, Pharmaceutical, Miner, Rubber Industry, Aviation Industry, Food, Paper, among others.
- Successfully advised administrative processes before the Ministry of Labor, avoiding the payment of important fines.
RECOGNITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Mexican Bar Association since 1987. Obtained in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 the Certification of Continuing Legal Education granted by the Bar.
- Deputy Coordinator of the International Area of the Labor Committee and Social Security since April 16, 2012, until February 2016.