Javier Canseco Malloy has represented foreign investment in Mexico for more than 35 years, including Fortune 500 companies. His primary practice is Labor & Employment and General Business Law. He provides insightful advice on a broad range of employment matters, including litigation, setting up companies in Mexico, executive compensation and employee beneﬁts, as well as mergers and acquisitions, business immigration, executive transfer, collective bargaining and union negotiations.
Javier takes a practical, businesslike approach to solving labor and employment problems for employers, providing practical business solutions to his clients’ legal problems. With more than 35 years of experience, he navigates clients through all aspects of labor and employment law, with the goal of representing clients while promoting respectful and digniﬁed treatment of individuals in the workplace. Javier also takes a preventive approach to help anticipate workplace disputes before they arise.
- Law Degree, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico (UNAM).
- Structuring an International Joint Venture, University of California School of Law.
- Foreign Associate with Hopkins & Sutter (Now Foley & Lardner), Illinois.
- Advised on the reduction of the labor force of companies in the aeronautical and automotive industries.
- Handled major projects involving outsourcing.
- Represented clients in negotiations with unions regarding collective bargaining agreements and the modification of working conditions.
- Represented clients in matters involving the termination of executives and transfer of expatriates.
- Represented clients in complex employer substitutions.
- Advised on general labor litigation matters.
- Advised three large german automotive companies to set up their facilities in Guanajuato and Queretaro for more than 100 million dollars.
- Represented a large truck manufacturing company to establish a plant in Mexico.
RECOGNITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member Queretaro Bar Association.
- Member US – Mexico Bar Association.
- Recognized by Chamber & Partners and The Legal 500 as a leading Labor & Employment Lawyer in Mexico (2015-2019).