Javier Canseco Malloy has represented foreign investors in Mexico for over 35 years, including Fortune 500 companies. His main practice focuses on Labor Law, labor aspects of the USMCA and General Business Law.
He advises on a wide range of legal and labor issues, including litigation, establishment of companies in Mexico, executive compensation and employee benefits, mergers and acquisitions, business migration, execu- tive transfers, compliance and collective bargaining with unions.
Javier takes a practical and professional approach to solving companies’ labor problems, providing efficient and practical solutions to his clients’ complex problems. With over 35 years of experience, he guides clients through all aspects of labor law with the goal of representing clients while promoting the respectful and dignified treatment of individuals in the workplace. Javier also takes a preventative approach to help anticipate disputes that may arise in the workplace.
He is recognized by Chambers Latin America, The Legal 500 and Best Lawyers as one of the leading labor lawyers in Mexico.
- Law Degree, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico (1979-1983).
- At the University of California Davis he studied in the Orientation in US Law / Structuring an International Joint Venture program (2014).
- Foreign Associate in the Chicago Ill. office of the firm Foley & Lardner (1988).
- Advised on the reduction of the labor force of companies in the aeronautical and automotive industries.
- Handled major projects involving outsourcing.
- Represented clients in negotiations with unions regarding collective bargainingagreements and the modification of working conditions.
- Represented clients in matters involving the termination of executives and transfer ofexpatriates.
- Represented clients in complex employer substitutions.
- Advised on general labor litigation matters.
- Advised three large german automotive companies to set up their facilities in Guanajuato and Queretaro for more than 100 million dollars.
- Represented a large truck manufacturing company to establish a plant in Mexico.
RECOGNITIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member Queretaro Bar Association.
- Member US – Mexico Bar Association.
- Recognized by Chambers Latin America as one of the Leading Labor Lawyers in Mexico (2015-2021).
- Recognized by The Legal 500 and Best Lawyers as one of the Leading Labor Lawyers in Mexico.